Audrey at 8 months

We have entered what I like to call ‘rugrat’ phase. She is standing most of the time.
Her naps have just dropped like the stock exchange in the GFC. And I am finding it troublesome to put her to bed of a night because she is hyperactive. Still sleeps the whole night though. Praise!

Her bottom two teeth are very “awww” inducing and I can’t see anymore at this stage.

Audie_8months_1

Audie_8months_2

She looks like she has slimmed down by comparison to the other bubs in my Mothers group who haven’t started crawling yet.

Her appetite has increased greatly and she is enjoying trying everything. This month, I think she liked figs the best.

I fear for my Christmas tree. Put quite simply, She just CANNOT be left with the Christmas tree. I have all glass, crystal and porcelain ornaments on it and no way of securing it.

Meanwhile, over the weekend the splash back was completed!

IMG_0186

Sorry, the photo was taken at night time.

I am still working out where to put everything in my kitchen and there is still quite a lengthy to do list associated with the kitchen.

In other bothersome news, I totally sent an email today at work where I neglected the spell check even though I made a mental note to do so as it had a blatant typo.

Oh dear, life goes on.

I CAN’T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!

8 Responses to “Audrey at 8 months”

1. Rhiannon says:

Umm, how is she 8 months old already. I know you know it, but time flies.

Love those flowers in the kitchen.

2. Cate says:

She is so gorgeous! The kitchen is looking great. Love Christmas, even more so with a little one! xx

• Laura says:

Thanks Cate. I am actually losing sleep over her and the Christmas tree!! LOL. Luckily Evie is too little for those kind of shenanigans and next year she might be able to behave. But no luck for me at this stage LOL.

3. She is adorable! Love the splash back. It’s hard to protect the Christmas tree from babies and toddlers. I’ve got plastic ornaments on the bottom half of my tree, then the glass at the top! When my boys were younger we put a gate up around it. Hope you have a merry Christmas- having a child, brings a whole new level to Christmas appreciation.

• Laura says:

Thank you! Yep, I’ve put the hard to break ones on the bottom. I wanted to put a gate around it. I was going to make something that would look like a mini picket fence, but I’ve just ran out of time. Yes I am loving Christmas. I can’t wait till she is older!

4. ANTONELLA says:

Love the updates, and the progress with the kitchen, however this yellow dress is so beautiful, do you mind if i ask where you got it from? just found out i’m having a little girl and i’m going dress shopping crazy!!!

• Laura says:

Hello! Congratulations!! A little girl, how gorgeous. The dress is from Bardot Junior. It is still in the shops. I saw it at the Parramatta (NSW) store the other day.